Monday 17 August 2015

It's Monday...Time for Another Weigh-in or It's Monday...What the Hell is Happening?

NOTE: Using a table in Blogger is very difficult so I cut and paste it from Word. It's a pain in the ass so I've quit using it. Get over it...life goes on.

Today's Weight: 232 lbs

    Date                              Weight                           BMI            Total Weight Loss
17 Aug 15             232 lbs/105 kg/16.5 st               35.3                      43 lbs
10 Aug 15             238 lbs/108 kg/17.0 st                36.1                      37 lbs
03 Aug 15             240 lbs/109 kg/17.1 st                36.5                      35 lbs
27 Jul 15               241 lbs/109 kg/17.2 st                36.6                      34 lbs
20 Jul 15               243 lbs/110 kg/17.3 st                36.9                      32 lbs
13 Jul 15               248 lbs/113 kg/17.7 st                37.7                      27 lbs
06 Jul 15               248 lbs/113 kg/17.7 st                37.7                      27 lbs
29 Jun 15              253 lbs/115 kg/18.0 st                38.5                      22 lbs
22 Jun 15              260 lbs/118 kg/18.5 st                39.7                      15 lbs
15 Jun 15              266 lbs/121 kg/19.0 st                40.4                      9 lbs
08 Jun 15              271 lbs/123 kg/19.3 st                41.0                      4 lbs
01 Jun 15              275 lbs/125 kg/19.6 st                41.7                      0 lbs

The craziest thing happened last week. Someone broke into my house! I'm not sure when it happened or how exactly they got in and even more strange...they didn't even take anything. As strange as that is, it isn't the strangest thing. That prize goes to the thief that broke into the house and let out the waist on all my jeans and trousers. One day they fit and the next they were falling off. I then noticed that not only did they alter my clothes, they actually filled in the last hole on my leather belt. It put me in quite a predicament...my clothes were too big and now I didn't even have a belt that would hold them up! Thankfully, the thieves didn't get into my stash of "old clothes" that I had kept from my slimmer days and I was able to avoid any embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions.

Besides someone messing with my clothes, I've also noticed a few other strange occurrences these past few weeks. I think it may have to do with the Perseid Meteor shower because I can't think of anything else that could making these things happen. One of the most peculiar and unexplainable things involves my car. It's a 2011 Ford Edge that I bought new at the beginning of 2012. Maybe after a certain amount of years the car is supposed to do this but maybe someone else can explain it. My car is getting shorter and here's how I know. Every morning when I go to work, I have to put a vehicle pass in my window and take it out of the window when I leave. Easy enough...just lean forward and place the pass on the dashboard where it meets the window. In the past, I usually had to unbuckle my seat belt, lean forward and retrieve the pass. Now that the car has gotten shorter, all I have to do is lean forward and easily grab the pass from the dash. Don't get me wrong...its much easier now, but I've been trying to figure out an explanation and just can't seem to find one that makes sense. Quantum Mechanics? Physics? Kinetics? Trigonometry? Big Bang Theory? Random Chaos? If I can figure this out, I see a Nobel Prize heading my way!

I also noticed that my blood pressure machine is acting funny. It's registering numbers like 120 or 130 over 90. I'm not sure why it's not registering the 140 or 150 anymore but someone must have run a magnet over it...or maybe I'm closer to the center of the earth now?? I'm also a little upset that I haven't been waking up more during the night. I used to wake up 3 or 4 times a night and I'd check out the scoreboard on ESPN. Now I'm sleeping through the night and have to wait until morning to check the scores...that sucks!

Lastly....and this one is exciting and I hope it never changes...or gets better. We went to the movies the other night to see Train Wreck (very funny) and I noticed that they made all the seats bigger. They've made them so big now that my ass actually fits in the seat and I'm able to rest my arms comfortably on the arm rests. It's amazing that the theater industry has finally realized that it's not about how many people you can cram into a theater...it's how comfortable you are while you're there. Thank you movie theater people for making the seats bigger!! Now let's work on those airline seats!

As you can see, a lot is changing in my life. I don't have any good explanation for it all but I guess it's not such a bad thing. See you next week. I'm close to half-way. At the 50 lb mark, I plan on celebrating with a nice chicken salad, a glass of water, a big plate of roasted vegetables...and maybe a chocolate shake and a tub of Ben & Jerrys!

No comments:

Post a Comment